Here at Mabrook & Co., we’re on a mission to #CleanUpYourLife, starting with your deodorant. We’re firm believers in educating yourself and having the necessary information to make informed decisions about your life and your health.
No one wants to deal with funky body odor, but how you go about preventing it is worth some serious consideration. Conventional deodorants and antiperspirants are a mixed bag of controversial chemicals and additives designed to mask B.O. and, often, stop you from sweating entirely. Problem is, sweating is not only how the body regulates temperature, it’s also is one of the key ways it detoxifies, so anything that stops that process entirely is also preventing one of the fundamental ways that the body expels toxins.
So, conventional deodorants and antiperspirants are bad, but what are the worst ingredient offenders?
- Aluminum Compounds – found in most antiperspirants, aluminum creates physical plugs in the sweat ducts that block sweat from escaping. It has been linked to a number of health concerns, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, breast cancer, bone deterioration, and kidney problems.
- Triclosan – has been shown to be bioaccumulative in the body, leading to potential hormone and endocrine disruption. On a larger scale, triclosan has also been linked to increased bacterial resistance and environmental concerns. It was recently banned by the FDA for use in hand and body washes.
- Fragrance or Parfum – refers to an undisclosed mix of up to 3,000 different chemicals. Many have never been tested for toxicity, either alone or in combination.
- Propylene Glycol and Disodium EDTA – absorption enhancers that increase the penetration and absorption of other ingredients.
- Parabens – widely used as a cosmetic preservative. Frequently linked to hormone disruption and fertility problems.
You’ll never find these – or any other – nasties in Mabrook & Co. products. The Clean Deodorant is made with 100% natural and organic ingredients and it works too, so you never have to sacrifice performance for ingredients! Packaged in an easy-to-use stick and available in three unisex essential oil scents, the Clean Deodorant will keep you smelling fresh all day long. Because, we don’t think you should have to compromise your health or your lifestyle due to body odor.
- Caitie Anisman-Reiner